October 9, 2012
- Note from the Publisher
- Local Business Spotlight
- Mill Mountain Zoo: ZOO BOO
- The Sleepytime Teacher
- Why Should You Try Nerium?
- Help Stop the Bullying & Let's Talk About It!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Apple Sauce
- DIY Halloween Costumes
- International Babywearing Week: October 8-14
- Mac Kid DISCOUNT
Happy Anniversary to Macaroni Kid Roanoke! This week marks our official 2 year anniversary since the very first newsletter on Oct 8, 2010. As I was driving home from Jeter Farm after our Macaroni Morning Out last week, my kids asleep in the back seat, I was reflecting about how far Macaroni Kid has come in the last 2 years. And, how much Macaroni Kid has given my family, and me personally. Honestly, it blows my mind. And, I am truly blessed and thankful for all of it. I also thought it would be fun to take a peek at Macaroni Kid by the numbers:
- First newsletter emailed to 8 subscribers
- 104th newsletter emailed to 2362 subscribers
- Number of Macaroni Kid sites across the country: over 600 (growing weekly)
- Number of Macaroni Kid sites in Virginia: 15
- Total page views to date of Macaroni Kid Roanoke: 831,115 (come on 1 million!)
- Average amount of time spent weekly preparing a newsletter: 10 hours
In honor of our 2nd Anniversary, we have THREE great opportunities for you!
- Win Tickets to see Cashore Marionettes at the Jeff Center on our Facebook page!
- Win family passes to Mill Mountain Zoo, just in time for their annual ZOO BOO!
- Learn how to get a FREE 5-day sample of Nerium, a revolutionary anti-aging cream
And, finally, our 2nd Annual Costume Swap is less than a week away! Click on the logo for all the scoop about our swap on Oct 14th. This year's swap is going to be amazing and, if you missed the drop off dates and still wish to participate, email me asap so we can make arrangements because I don't anyone to be left out that wants to join us! [email protected]
Now for this week's scoop!
- Planning a Birthday Party soon? We've got LOTS of great ideas in our Birthday Party Guide
- See what's in store this Fall/Winter with Thirty-One, plus learn how you can win a $50 Thirty One Shopping Spree!
- Do your little ones wake up at the crack of dawn? Mine did, and it made for one cranky mommy and 2 cranky kids! Good news! The Sleepytime Teacher is here to help you!
- It's International Babywearing Week! I am a HUGE fan of babywearing, are you?
New to Macaroni Kid Roanoke? Click HERE to learn all about our site!
Just visiting our site? Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you'll get your weekly dose of Macaroni delivered directly to your inbox each Tuesday!
Show our sponsors some love! See those ads on the side of the page? They are our amazing sponsors and are all Macaroni Kid Approved businesses. Their ads are safe to click on so be sure to visit their sites and show them some Macaroni Kid love!
Handy buttons to help you find, follow, and connect!
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC